10.20.2013

My avatar and how to use avatars in class

This is my avatar, I chose a cat, because I love cats and I have one. I liked the experience of creating the avatar, I had never done this before and was fun to do it. Regarding how to use avatars for teaching purposes, I believe they can contribute to create confidence when students have to express themselves in English. Students who are not confident may feel exposed with their real profile photo. But with a picture of an avatar, they may feel more protected and more willing to express themselves. For example, instead of making students talk about what their like and dislike, they can make their avatar talk about it and share it in a virtual classroom.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi, Lore!
    Nice Avatar!
    I highly agree with your opinion as to how to integrate Avatars to our teaching practices. Students may find it appealing and besides, it can be a great opportunity for shy students who barely speak in class to express themselves more comfortably.

    ResponderEliminar