10.24.2013

What I've learned so far...

During the first week of this course, I've learned many things. First I became familiar with the idea of avatars. Before this, I thougth that Avatar was just a movie, now that I know what an avatar is the title of the movie makes more sense. I think that avatars may provide students with a virtual identity that makes them feel more protected so as to express themselves. Second, I've learned how to create a blog and how to use a blog. I had joined the blogs of some of the courses I took here at the Joaquin, but I was only able to read it, the teacher was the author of them and in some cases, students were not even able to write comments. Now that I have to use the blog for this course, I'm sort of "forced" to learn and to explore how to do things. Third, I became familiar with the notion of MOOCs  and visited Coursera's webpage in order to see some of the courses available. I'm really enthusiastic about some of them. I'm especially interested in taking one called Student Thinking at Core, which starts on January 27th.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Lorena! Like you I became familiar with MOOCs last class, I didn't know they existed and I really want to take a course. What is the course you are going to take about? Is it interesting?
    See you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It seems to be interesting, as far as I read, it is mainly concerned on how to take advantage of your student's previous experiences and conceptions. Here is the link to this course: https://www.coursera.org/course/corethink . I hope you find it interesting too. See you

    ResponderEliminar