11.01.2013

Webtools: Blipfoto

The webtool I tried was Blipfoto. Of all the tools, this is the one I like most because it's a tool that I would use in my everyday life even if it is not for teaching purposes. In addition to this, it meets the criteria proposed by Nick Peachey. The requirements that I particularly value is that is free of charge, which in my case, determines whether I would use a webtool or not. The other advantage is that is easy to use,  easy to learn,  accessible and has the possibility of developing communication: Students can post their photos and write a brief summary of what the picture is about, when it was taken, where it was taken, etc. An objection though, is that students need to register and remember a password to use it, which may act as a deterrent for some students

1 comentario:

  1. Hello there! I've tried Blipfoto too and I agree with you: it's great because of all the advantages that you mentioned, but also because students can easily get used to it, since they will find it similar to using Facebook. Also, what I really like about it is that the photo that you publish must have been taken on the same day you publish it. This forces students to write on a regular basis, and it will prevent them from publishing the, let's say, 3 pictures the teacher asked them to upload and comment, all at the same time, 10 minutes before the class starts..

    ResponderEliminar